Help OUTwrites thrive. If you or someone you know is interested in helping with OUTwrites Queer Friendly Writing Collective (OW) look through the available roles below. People should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short letter stating their name, position applied for along with a one page resume of related experience.
1. Facilitator Assistant
- Help Facilitator (Faith or Terence) with administrative, organizational tasks (managing funds, liaising with writing community, coordinating other executive tasks)
- help facilitate meetings, purchase snacks
- work with Promotions to raise and maintain membership
- Develop projects that connect OW to LGBT writing community such as TOZ and anthologies
2. Promotions Coordinator
- maintain website, facebook and other social media
- advertising and marketing opportunies
- creating, designing, coordinating distribution of promos both electronic and in print
3. Various roles for TOZ publication (Toronto OUTwrites Zine) working with the Editor in Chief: editors, artists, contributors, graphic artists.
4. Fundraising Coordinator
- Develop sustainable means of raising funds to help promote and advance OW through: grants (Community One, TAC, OAC, CAC)
- Organize various events to generate revenue: ticketed literary social events (readings, workshops, talk-backs)
- anthology, guest speakers, literary event hosting, promotions